Senior IT Administrator is responsible for serving as the internal technology support function for all end-users as well as maintaining all IT infrastructures, hardware and systems. The position will participate in determining IT solutions, equipment and requirements based on value delivered to the business in order to assist with budgeting and forecasting. This position will support the justification process for all new IT related initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversees help desk / technology support and ensures an exceptional experience for end-users.
- Proactively maintains and updates IT infrastructure and systems to support operational requirements and efficiencies.
- Serves in an advisory capacity to provide necessary data and options to help make informed decisions on IT-related issues.
- Performs troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions to determine the best solution. Guides through the problem-solving process and tracks each issue to completion.
- Proactively monitors for network performance issues, abnormalities, faults, equipment failure and maintenance needs and updates software systems for all end users.
- Maintains software inventory logs, assignments and computers. Supports all software platforms on the internal server.
- Maintains upkeep of internal computers, servers, wireless network, firewall systems, infrastructure and hardware. May utilize 3rd party support for resolution of escalated issues.
- Manages cyber security. Identifies vulnerabilities and risks and ensures proper systems are in place to protect the company servers and computers. Constantly monitors for cyber-attacks or intrusions and addresses potential threats or breaches accordingly.
- Teamwork – Review work and ensure quality standards are met. Train, coach and mentor others. Motivate others to action and address delicate situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Responsible for aspects of vendor relationship management.
Required Skill Sets:
- Bachelor’s Degree (CS/IT) in a related field required.
- 3 years in a relevant IT position
- Experience supporting a Windows and Mac environment preferred
- System / Software Implementation Experience required
- Ability to communicate fluently in English