CEO & CTOGeekyAnts - Bangalore, India
Node.js - Express, Sails & Socket.io98%
PHP - Laravel 5, Laravel 4 & Yii, iOS - Swift98%
MySQL - Expert DB Architect98%
Version Control - Git, Bitbucket, GitLab & GitHub95%
Tools - Webpack, Grunt, Yeoman, Less, Saas, bower & npm95%
UI / UX - Photoshop, FlatUI, Material Design97%
Meowfoto is a web-based editor that can apply different types of filters to photos and is integrated with Facebook in order to allow the download of user photos. It also has a collage generator built in HTML5 using KnockoutJS.
- Custom MVC with PHP and MySQL
- KnockoutJS for front-end collage module (with drag-n-drop)
- Facebook SDK and Graph APIs
- ImageMagick for image processing
- Twitter Bootstrap for front-end design
- Third party Shell scripts for image processing
- Operating system: CentOS 6
Challenges that I faced and how I solved them:
- Users needed to upload their final collage result to Facebook. The editor worked in HTML markup (using KnockoutJS), which was needed to be converted to image formats like JPEG or PNG. The front-end app exported the JSON data that was processed in the back-end to get the same result. PhantomJS was not an option as it was quite experimental at this time.
- There were 500+ concurrent users and it was impossible to handle this amount of image processing on a single server. With the help of another system admin, I used the AWS Elastic server with a front load balancer and two clusters to carry out the image processing.
- Simple file-based database system to add, delete, and edit items in GW-basic (1996).
- A command-line program that looked like MS-DOS with commands like DIR, CD, and CLS written in GW-basic (1996).
- A GUI program that looks like Windows 98 and also has features like a Start menu and Windows with minimize and maximize buttons, written in C (1999).
- A personality assessment web-based program written in HTML, PHP, and MySQL (2000).
Interest & Expertise
- Project Organisation
- Team Management
- Web Usability
- Dashboard Applications
- Image Editing Software
- Object-oriented design
- Pixel Perfect Code
- Cloud Development
- Test automation
- PESIT - 1st place - Atmatrisha 2008
- BMS College of Engineering - 1st place - Utsav 2009
- RV College of Engineering - 2nd place - 8th Mile 2008
- BMS College of Engineering - 2nd place - Init 2007
- SJBIT - 1st place - TechQuest 2007
- SJBIT - 2nd place - TechQuest 2008
- SJBIT - 2nd place - Elysia 2009
- JSS college - 1st place - Confluence 2009
- Auden Academy - 2nd place - Technoblast 2010
- Surana College - 3rd place 2006
- SJBIT - 1st place - 2008 & 2009
- SJBIT - 1st place Elysia 2009 & Elysia 2010